Lavender Play Dough Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 TBSP of cream of tartar
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil
- Food colouring (optional)
How to Make the Play Dough:
1) Combine the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a bowl and mix
2) Add the olive oil and essential oils to the dry mixture (don’t stir yet)
3) Measure out the boiling water. If you choose to use food colouring, mix it into the water while it is in the measuring cup
4) Gradully pour the water into the mixture and stir until ingredients are mostly combined
5) You will then want to kneed the dough with your hands to make sure everything is combined but be sure to test the temperature of the dough first. If it is too hot, wait for it to cool down. Kneed the dough until it is no longer sticky.
6) Let the dough cool and then you can play with it or put it in a zipped bag or sealed container to help it last longer between uses.
Hope you enjoy making and playing with this Lavender Play Dough.
Calming while you play.